Now its your chance to be catapulted into the Limelite, with the announcement of the 4th, “Into the Limelite DJ Competition” 2012. Previous years have seen some amazing results with winners going onto to take out best new talent at the Perth Dance Music Awards . Last year over 3000 fans walked through Metropolis Fremantle’s doors to witness and support some of Perth new crew vie for the title. This years comp will be held at Villa Nightclub and it will run over 4 weeks with 3 heats and a final. Three finalists will be chosen from each heat to go through to the final – where the winner will get the opportunity of a lifetime – a set at Stereosonic Perth 2012
more details -
A set at Stereosonic Perth 2012.
A scholarship to the SAE Institute to complete a Certificate 111 in Electronic Music Production.
Native Instruments Traktor S4 controller and a set of Ai Ai Ai TM4-1headphones from our friends at Kosmic.
3 cases of Redbull
That’s right, mix it up with the best of Perth’s up and coming dj talent, and you could be sharing a stage with some of the biggest names in dance music, finishing a music production course at SAE and laying down beats using a Native Instruments Tracktor S4. This year our comp is being hosted by Mixcloud and the is a 20 min mix that should showcase the set that you would play at Stereosonic Perth 2012, and reflect the essence of Limelite.
Entries open Friday August 31 2012
Entries close Friday October 5 2012
Heat Contenders announced on Mixcloud Friday October 12 2012
Heat 1. Sat October 27
Heat 2. Sat November 10
Heat 3. Sat November 17
Final. Friday November 23
Stereosonic Sunday November 25 2012
○ You need to be a novice, i.e. an emerging talent, bedroom dj, not established on the scene, not a regular club night dj or hold a residency at a club or pub.
You must not have played out more than a hand full of times ( that’s 5 times ) – back yard parties for your mates are fine but we don’t want any kill joys showing up and causing us grief. If we find out that you play out often then you will be ditched from the comp.
○ Competitors from any “Into the Limelite” DJ Comp, are fine to re enter but need to fit into rule 1
○ Limelite plays big room house, electro, rumbling tribal tech, some classic tracks. We also love rocking out to breaks, trance, DnB and dubstep but we don’t want to hear it all night long.
○ Mixes need to be 20 minutes. Set times are 20 minutes.
○ Competitors will be judged by media ( both electronic and print ) current LIMELITE djs and some industry icons. Competitors will be judged out of the following categories:
○ The competition is open to single or double acts.
○ Judges decision is final.
Please include a pic of yourself on the upload page and a brief bio and tell us why you would like to be in this years Into the Limelite DJ Competition.
Any questions regarding entries please forward to Mel B – email@example.com.